Friday, November 20, 2009

Piano Song

listening to: Wedding Dress - Taeyang

A parody, from a girl's perspective.

Some say it's ain't over till it's over,
But I guess it's really over now.
There's something I gotta say before I let you go,
listen.

Hey, do you remember
I was that girl who'd listen to all my parents advice
taking all those
piano and violin classes?
Do you remember telling me to stop being
such a typical good girl,
to follow my heart for my happiness?

Thank you, I know you cared for me all along
and I know you never meant for me to feel this way,
from that moment to even now,
asking me to play the piano at your wedding.

Ah~ boy, you know I don't want to be that girl,
crying softly behind the bridal white piano,
over the guy friend who meant more.
Boy, you know, I laughed along with you at that
melodramatic girl in those dramas.

But, underneath the black make-up,
which wedged us apart in those years,
my lips trembled every time I kissed with them.
I know you aren't the one to fall for these,
but it was always you.

Oh boy, I never wanted to be the girl
who selfishly wanted you to withdraw your hand
from other girls.
I never wanted to talk about it,
but how can you be so blind?

Who was it that cheered you up when you were down,
and the other girl who came in just when you were feeling better,
do you really attribute her with making you happy?

Still, at your boyish smile,
I can't refuse to play the melody now,
the one which, so simple, I stumbled
infinitely on during practise.

I know after this piece,
you're going to make your vow
to protect her forever.
And I know, you will mean it
with all your being.
Are you going to remember you made the same vow to me,
when we were children, when I still shyly hid behind you?

My heart is falling farther at each
key I'm pressing,
but you know in piano, the beat is strict,
and I can't falter now.
Even though I know I can't play
this song forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment