Monday, October 11, 2010

The Engraving on my iPod: Prudence

When I ordered a macbook pro like everyone else going to university taking advantage of the offer, I spent a lot of time (typical of me) to think about what to engrave.
In the end, my ipod now says:

Happiness. Passion.
Prudence. Serenity.

And yesterday a past teacher of mine said he valued prudence very highly. As it isn't a very common word in daily speech, I thought of my iPod... And was reminded of the words I engraved.

I searched up the word in my handy dictionary inbuilt to the macbook, and the definition was:
Prudent (Prudence is the noun)
Acting with, or showing care and thought for the future.

I think when I engraved it, it was more of a "think before you speak"...with a little thought to thinking before acting.
But now I take my word to: work hard in school and for my future.

The words meant a lot to me, and now less so. People keep on changing... But I know the imagery each word invoked in my mind in the past... Simply, now is less...strong..? I place less weight to each thought. Generally.

Thanksgiving was good. I played FFXII which was fun :) and I had lunch with my brother, which was good even if we said very little.

I want fruits...shall I buy some...tomorrow...?

No comments:

Post a Comment