Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stranger

Recently I just did a facebook quiz, and I once again rediscovered why I do not prefer doing online quizzes. I think very seriously when asked a question about my intrapersonal self (I think by this statement I am finally admitting for the first time for being an introvert? ...Usually I hesitate, knowing my extrovert tendencies as well...but since I'm going to go into this exact topic, I'll save it for later.) and as such I usually don't understand the question being asked-- I commonly find them not specific enough.

Anyway, in this quiz, the question was (something to the likes of) "Who do you trust?":
a) Family
b) Friends
c) Strangers
d) don't remember...

And I was wondering: what do you mean, who do I trust? With my life or my secrets?
But what caught my interest was, (I supposed the question meant secrets-- no one thinks about life and death consciously if they can help it, it seems, especially not for a light thing such as a facebook quiz) and I was surprised followed by being mildly amused and delighted at the answer "Stranger"...because I realize I do have that tendency.

That is, I really like my friends, but I feel comfortable saying my problems to people unrelated to the problem. And I feel freer to say more things in my scope of experience to strangers.
And right, I suppose that's it, the freedom to be however I want to be. I guess I'm just addicted to it...but the thing is, there are so many strangers out there, I would never run out of supply, if one thinks about it.
Of course, I need my friends. To hang out, to play with, to grow with etc. But I'm just saying, strangers are...the feeling of a blank page which sometimes you just need, because you have filled out your pages with your friends and family. And you are expected to draw in a certain way, use certain colours and so on.

I suppose I was inspired to write this after I talked to a friend today and we were deciding whether to go to get bubble tea at the CSA gen.meeting.... and I realized I really did not care to go.
Seriously, if I knew no one, maybe. But people I knew, who were friends with other people-- no?

No comments:

Post a Comment