Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Paradise Lost

Just came out of English Class, and while I appreciate our professor's defense of Eve, I have to disagree with him thinking Milton thought along the same lines.
Really, you can't just hold what details he put in and ignore his entire tone. It's great for an essay, maybe, but to teach a class?

Got me thinking how irritated I'd be talking to a misogynistic ass. Or worse, having to marry one, say, Milton? That's not to say I don't secretly love the thought of harmonic male/female relationships (hopefully with the male in lead, but why? Maybe because I'm lazy? Maybe because it's bred in me growing up? No idea.)

Mostly I thought about how unhearing hatred is something terrible. But then I thought about my brother, and apathy/pessimism, or apathetic pessimism which pisses me off to no end, and how I have little/none patience with it.

Should I rethink it...?
Maybe some other time... Sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment